I suggest you ...

Change the auto-update procedure

Not a core feature, but rather an annoyance about the auto update feature.

1) Why is I required to enter username and password to download an update? Could you at least make JustDecompile able to remember the password?

2) The auto-update is not that auto these days, too many click nexts..

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Karsten KousgaardKarsten Kousgaard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • C-J BergC-J Berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree. Even if Telerik's policy requires authenticated downloads, please provide an option for saving the credentials permanently (for instance to the registry), and don't bother me unless it's missing or invalid.

Also, when I download an update the suggested filename is always missing an extension (like MSI or EXE). If I save it somewhere I can't run it until I rename it, and I can't know for sure what kind of file it is unless I save it and look at its contents.

I'd like to see an option for saving *and* installing immediately. It's great to have the latest setup stored for quick installs in e.g. virtual machines, but I don't see the point in then having to run the update manually for the current installation. So perhaps provide the options "Install now", "Save only", and "Save and install now"? And please remember what was selected the last time so you can click next-next-next.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, when I check the option to NOT check for upgrades, it does not stick.

Feedback and Knowledge Base